The Toronto Health Libraries Association (THLA) invites students enrolled in the Master of Information program at the University of Toronto, and students enrolled in the Library and Information Technician Diploma programs at Durham College, Mohawk College, or Seneca College, who are interested in the field of health libraries, to apply for the 2019 THLA Student Prize.
THLA is a professional organization for those in medical and allied health libraries in the Greater Toronto Area. As a chapter of the Canadian Health Libraries Association/Association des bibliothéques de la santè du Canada (CHLA/ABSC), THLA is dedicated to the improvement of health and health care through the promotion of excellence in access to information.
THLA established the Student Prize to encourage future information professionals to consider careers in health libraries
- A 2020 membership in THLA
- Must be currently enrolled in the MI program or a Library and Information Technician Diploma program
- Student status must be in good standing
How to Apply:
- Please submit a brief statement (max. 500 words) to the awards committee of THLA on either topic:
- The impact of information professionals (librarians or library technicians) in health care settings
- Why you would like to pursue a career in a health information setting
- Submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with your preferred contact information by 5:00pm on November 6th, 2019
Results: The THLA Student Prize winner will be notified during the week of November 25th, 2019