The FIAA Ask an Alum committee will be hosting a virtual adaptation of its Human Library event in a Book Club format! Every month we’ll bring alumni from a specific concentration of expertise to meet with interested students and answer questions. Students can engage with alumni virtually on careers, networking, and navigating life during and after the iSchool. Each event will represent one or more iSchool academic concentration. A moderator will be asking a set of prepared questions, and we’ll follow up by taking questions from students in the chat. While there is no workshop specifically designed for Bachelor of Information students, BI students are welcome to attend any of these workshops.
To receive the link to join the meetings, students will need to register for the event. The number of students able to register for each event is unlimited, and each student may register for as many events as they wish. The zoom meeting link will go out to those registered a couple of days before each event.
The sessions will be held on the following dates from 5:30-6:15 pm.
Please click on the event date links below to register:
- Thursday, November 19, 2020: Library & Information Science
- Thursday, December 3, 2020: Museum Studies and Combined Degree Program
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021: Knowledge Management & Information Management and Archives & Records Management
- Tuesday, January 19, 2021: User Experience Design
- Tuesday, February 2, 2021: Critical Information Studies and Culture & Technology
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021: Human-Centred Data Science and Information Systems & Design
We look forward to seeing you then!