Please see the Academic Dates for all important dates & deadlines. Note that these are deadlines to add/drop courses without academic penalty only – you will not receive per-course monetary refunds:
SGS Deadlines for Standard Courses:
- Deadline to ADD Fall (F-section) courses: September 24, 2018
- Deadline to DROP fall (F-section) courses: October 29, 2018
- Deadline to ADD winter (S-section) courses: January 21, 2019
- Deadline to DROP winter (S-section) courses: February 25, 2019
Add/Drop Dates for Non-Standard Courses:
INF1005H Information Workshop I runs week of January 7, 2019 to week of February 11, 2019
- Last date to ADD: January 11, 2019 (Use ACORN – Within SGS Deadline, no form needed)
- Last day to DROP: January 21, 2019 (Submit an Add/Drop form to iSchool Student Services)
INF1006H Information Workshop II runs week of February 25, 2019 to week of April 1, 2019
- Last day to ADD: March 1, 2019 (Submit an Add/Drop form to iSchool Student Services – Past SGS deadline)
- Last day to DROP: March 11, 2019 (Submit an Add/Drop form to iSchool Student Services – Past SGS deadline)
MSL2100H Museum Environment runs week of January 29, 2019 to week of March 19, 2019
- Last day to ADD: February 8, 2019 (Submit an Add/Drop form to iSchool Student Services – Past SGS deadline)
- Last day to DROP: February 15, 2019 (Use ACORN/ROSI – Within SGS Deadline, no form needed)
Tip: When dropping a course through ACORN, cross-check your academic record (transcript) to your course list or timetable to ensure that you’ve truly withdrawn from any course(s) you intended to drop on/by each deadline.
- All ACORN waitlists will be cancelled the evening prior to the deadline date and you will automatically be removed from all waitlists (though Student Services will copy all waitlists before they are deleted by the system).
- Late drop requests after the deadline are normally only considered for documented health or other serious personal circumstances and will need approval of the Committee on Standing, or the external graduate unit offering the course, and the School of Graduate Studies. See Academic Regulations for detailed instructions on requesting a late withdrawal from a course.
- As per SGS: Waiting for mid-terms or graded assignments to see how you are doing is not an acceptable reason for a late drop.