Please see the Academic Dates for all important dates & deadlines. Note that these are deadlines to add/drop courses without academic penalty only – you will not receive per-course monetary refunds:
SGS Deadlines for Standard Courses:
- Deadline to ADD Fall (F-section) courses: September 24, 2018
- Deadline to DROP fall (F-section) courses: October 29, 2018
- Deadline to ADD winter (S-section) courses: January 21, 2019
- Deadline to DROP winter (S-section) courses: February 25, 2019
Tip: When dropping a course through ACORN/ROSI, cross-check your academic record (transcript) to your course list or timetable to ensure that you’ve truly withdrawn from any course(s) you intended to drop on/by each deadline.
- All ACORN/ROSI waitlists will be cancelled the evening prior to the deadline date and you will automatically be removed from all waitlists (though Student Services will copy all waitlists before they are deleted by the system).
- Late drop requests after the deadline are normally only considered for documented health or other serious personal circumstances and will need approval of the Committee on Standing, or the external graduate unit offering the course, and the School of Graduate Studies. See Academic Regulations for detailed instructions on requesting a late withdrawal from a course.
- As per SGS: Waiting for mid-terms or graded assignments to see how you are doing is not an acceptable reason for a late drop.