As you are aware, graduate school comes with new academic expectations and a new academic culture. As an international student, it may be challenging to learn about and adjust to some of these changes. While many services already exist to help ease the transition, we often receive requests to connect with other international students at the iSchool. Therefore, we are launching an International Student Ambassador Program and we need your help!
To connect future / incoming international students with each other and with current international students
- Provide helpful tips to help ease the transition to Toronto
- To help build their confidence; so that they feel comfortable about moving to and studying in Canada
- To get them excited about studying at the iSchool
- To help them feel like they are connected and not missing out on anything
- Facebook group
- Live webinar chats
- June to the start of September (International Orientation Day)
Time commitment (minimal):
- Scheduled chats (2 – or more depending on demand)
- Monitor Facebook questions / posts (ambassadors alternate shifts to monitor / respond to questions and/ forward complex inquiries to Andrea DiBiase
Please contact Andrea DiBiase at firstname.lastname@example.org if this is something you would like to help out with. A token of appreciation will be provided as well as a letter of support for your contributions. Thank you very much!