SPIE Digital Library is sponsoring for library school students an award of a $1200 travel stipend toward payment of expenses incurred while attending the 2018 Special Libraries Association conference in Baltimore, MD from June 9-13, 2018. This award will be presented at the awards event at the 2018 SLA Conference. Award winners will receive one complementary ticket to the awards event.
SPIE Digital Library is the world’s largest collection of optics and photonics applied research.
Deadline for Submission: February 28, 2018
The SPIE Digital Library Student Travel Stipend Award will be given to the qualified student who submits a personal statement of up to 1000 words on how they believe this award will benefit them personally and professionally.
Instructions for submission:
Submit your application by February 28, 2018. Provide your name, address, telephone number, email address, name of your library school and statement to:
- Applicants will receive notification on award status by early to mid-March. The award check will be presented at the SLA conference.
- The award recipient’s name will be posted to the Engineering Division’s website.
- An announcement and introduction of the award recipient will be posted to the Engineering Division website, appear as an article in the Sci-Tech News.
- The award winner will receive a one year SLA student membership to the Engineering Division.
- The award winner will be required to fulfill one of the two post award requirements:
- Submit an article to the Engineering Division newsletter, SciTech News, within six months of attending the conference covering your conference experience or what you took away from the conference.
- Attend an Engineering Division Board meeting shortly following the annual conference to give a report about your conference experience.