Looking for an exciting opportunity to work on your reference interview skills and help us provide reliable health information to patients and families? The Patient & Family Learning Centre at St. Michael’s hospital is actively seeking volunteers to help us build a community of knowledge that will enhance the patient experience. We are small special library whose mandate is to address our patient’s needs for quality health information that is written in a way that is both easy to understand and use.
If you like interacting with a wide variety of people, have an interest in patient-centered health information, would like to improve your communication skills and enjoy working in a health environment, this may be the role for you.
Our commitment to you:
• We will teach you the “good” from the “bad” when it comes to health information
• We will introduce you to the principles of patient education which include things like health literacy, plain language and learning styles
• We will do our best to find you tasks that compliment your areas of interest
Your commitment to us:
• Be available to volunteer your time once a week, for 4 hours at a time
• Agree to stay on for a minimum of 6 months
• Be open to learning the skills required to effectively deliver health information to patients and families
For further information or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com