Julian Posada is a PhD candidate at the Faculty of Information and a Junior Fellow of Massey College. His research combines sociology, political economy, and software studies to explore social reproduction and the personal networks of outsourced platform workers who contribute to developing machine learning algorithms. Before joining the University of Toronto, he worked as a research assistant for the Laboratory of Computer Science (LRI) of the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS).
Digital labour, social networks, platform studies, and ethics of artificial intelligence
- M.A., Economic Sociology – School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences (EHESS)
- B.A., Humanities – Sorbonne University
- Junior Fellow, Massey College, Toronto
- Ethics of AI Research Fellow, Centre for Ethics, University of Toronto
- Student Forum Advisor, American Sociological Association