Monica is a critical communication and media studies scholar exploring the relationships between democracy, citizenship, and technology at the intersection of digital policy and digital literacy. Her research projects also include topics such as algorithmic literacy, feminist game studies, and feminist information theory.
- Master of Arts in Communication and Media Studies, University of Calgary
- Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies, University of Calgary
- Diploma of Print and Online Journalism, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
Intersections of power, technology, and literacy; Digital strategy and digital economy policy; Feminist participatory qualitative research methods; Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
- Junior Fellow, Massey College
- Research Assistant, The eQuality Project
- Anglophone PhD Representative, Canadian Communication Association / Association canadienne de communication
- Student Representative, Conference and Convenings Committee, International Society of Scholarship and Teaching and Learning