The Faculty of Information Alumni Association (FIAA) is an organization made up of the nearly 7,000 graduates of the Faculty of Information and its predecessors.
Upon convocating, each graduate automatically becomes a member of FIAA, and is welcome to attend any alumni event, serve on FIAA’s executive, volunteer, or participate as a member-at-large.
We are a vibrant community, with a mandate is to represent alumni interests.
- Our activities include:
- Organizing events such as Spring Reunions, Bertha Bassam lecture, and an Alumni Stars Mixer with students
- Running professional development programs for current students, such as Job Shadowing and Ask an Alum
- Offering conference grants to current Masters’ students
- Offering professional development grant(s) to alumni
- Publishing Informed, an online magazine that features news about the iSchool, students, its professors and of course, alumni
- Sponsoring awards for graduating students
- Helping to raise funds for the Faculty
- Keeping in touch through our social media channels!