The Faculty of Information Alumni Association (FIAA) is an organization made up of the nearly 7,000 graduates of the Faculty of Information and its predecessors.
Upon convocation, each graduate automatically becomes a member of FIAA, and is welcome to attend any alumni event, serve on FIAA’s executive committee, volunteer, or participate as a member-at-large.
We are a vibrant community, with a mandate to represent alumni interests.
Our activities include:
- Organizing events such as alumni Reunion, Bertha Bassam lecture, and Alumni Stars mentoring events with students
- Running mentoring programs for current students, such as Job Shadowing and Ask an Alum
- Offering conference grants to current Masters’ students
- Offering professional development opportunities and grant(s) to alumni
- Publishing Informed, an online magazine that features news about the iSchool, students, its professors and of course, alumni
- Sponsoring awards for graduating students
- Helping to raise funds for the Faculty
- Keeping in touch through our social media channels