Information about donating to the Wendy Newman Library Leadership Award can be found at Donate Online.
The award will help build leadership capacity in the library sector by enabling alumni of the iSchool to pursue professional development opportunities at intensive library leadership development programs. It is anticipated that one award will be given on annual basis at a value determined by the Faculty of Information Alumni Association. This year, the value of the award is $1500.
In order to be considered for the award, all of the following criteria must be met:
- Be a graduate of the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information or its predecessors (e.g. Faculty of Information Studies (FIS), FLIS, FLS, SLIS, etc.)
- Have not received the same award in the past
- Have been accepted into one of the following designated library leadership programs:
- Northern Exposure to Leadership
- Association of Research Libraries Leadership Fellows Program
- Public Library Leaders Program
- Advancing Public Library Leaders Institute OR
- any other similarly focused library leadership program
Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee receiving the award. The Committee reserves the right to not confer the award if submissions lack sufficient overall merit.
Selection will be made by the FIAA Grants and Awards Committee via a blind review process based on the following criteria:
- Quality of statement explaining how participation in the library leadership program would help build the applicant’s leadership capacity in the broader profession as well as benefit their career path
- Quality of applicant’s supporting documents
Preference will be given to:
- Applicants pursuing leadership roles in public librarianship
- Applicants who are receiving limited/no funding from other sources
All applicants will be notified of the results of their application by email.
Application Process & Deadline
Please submit one application package containing the following items:
- A completed Application form
- A written statement (maximum 2 pages) clearly explaining how participation in the program would help build your leadership capacity in the broader profession as well as benefit your career path
- A current resume or CV
- A letter of recommendation from your employer. The letter should address your leadership potential as well as demonstrated interest in moving into higher levels of library leadership or administration
- Proof of acceptance into the leadership program
Questions and complete application packages can be sent to: Alexia Loumankis (Chair, FIAA Grants & Awards Committee) email@example.com.
Application deadline: To Be Determined (late or incomplete applications will not be accepted)