Fees for our graduate programs are charged per session, not by course or by program. Each program has its own sessional fee according to the tables below.
Please see the domestic fee tables for information on our tuition, system access, incidental, and ancillary fees.
- Master of Information (MI) – see Table 33
- Master of Museum Studies (MMSt) – see Table 42
- Diploma of Advanced Study in Information Studies (DAIS) – see Table 61
- Doctoral (PhD) – see Table 5
- Combined Degree Program (CDP): MI/MMSt – see Table 4
*Note for CDP:
Year 1: Full-time fees will be charged for the program started first (MI) only.
Year 2: Full-time fees will be charged for the program started second (MMSt) only.
Year 3: Students will pay full-time fees for the program started first (MI)
Please see the international fee tables for information on our tuition, system access, incidental, and ancillary fees.
- Master of Information (MI) – see Table 35
- Master of Museum Studies (MMSt) – see Table 45
- Diploma of Advanced Study in Information Studies (DAIS) – see Table 64
- Doctoral (PhD) – see Table 8
Balance of Degree Fee
All students must pay a minimum of the degree fee, equivalent to two years of full-time fees.
Students who complete their degree requirements faster than their program length, cannot pay less than the program-length fees stated on their admission letter.
Additional fees may be required, for example:
- Full-time students who take longer to complete their program than the usual two consecutive years must pay more than two years of full-time fees
- Part-time students who take longer to complete their program must pay more
Many part-time students must pay a balance of degree fee prior to graduation e.g., if a part-time student takes four years to finish, they will likely need to pay a balance-of-degree fee.
Although students who have enrolled in both Fall and Winter sessions do not have to pay summer fees, part-time students are strongly encouraged to make a summer payment if they anticipate that they will graduate with a balance of degree fee (i.e., usually in less than six years).
Cumulative program fees are calculated at graduation time. If the total is less than the degree fee, students must pay the balance of the degree fee.
Student Technology Levy (Tech Fund)
A non-academic incidental fee, binding on all iSchool students
Used for upgrading iSchool technology
Voted on bi-annually by iSchool students
$100/year for full-time students; $50/year for part-time students