Python is one of the most popular programming languages in the world. Due to its simple syntax it is often used by data scientists. In this workshop you will learn how to use Python to automate administrative and data tasks. Additionally, we will explore techniques to manipulate data in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word using Python. During this workshop we will briefly review Python syntax. However, this workshop assumes prior knowledge of Python. Upon completion of this workshop you will:
- Know how to install Python and Visual Studio Code.
- Understand the basics of Python.
- Be able to use Python to automate administrative and data tasks.
- Know how to use Python to interface with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
Prior to attending to this workshop, please:
- Ensure that your computer is running the latest version of Google Chrome, Visual Studio Code, and Python.
- Ensure that you have Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word installed. All UofT staff and students have access to this for free. To learn more follow the instructions here: https://onesearch.library.utoronto.ca/ic-faq-categories/microsoft-365-proplus
Date and Time: Saturday October 21, 2023, 12pm – 3pm
Instructor: Asad Ansari, Technical Support Analyst, E. J. Pratt Library, Victoria University, University of Toronto