Robarts Library (floors 1-5, approximately 221 seats and 25 computers) and the Gerstein Science Information Centre (main floor, approximately 112 seats) will be open for use as study space and for computer access for current students, staff and faculty only. Hours will be reduced and there will be no 24 hour service. Users will need to scan their TCard to enter. This means that Gerstein’s Technology Access Service will end September 10 for bookings, as it will be open to users.
Book stacks in all library buildings will remain closed to users through December in compliance with the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service agreement to ensure we retain access to the approximately 2.5 million books available through the ETAS for students and faculty who are not able to visit the library.
*Due dates on all loans, including equipment have been renewed to December 18, 2020.
For access to other libraries and collections, and updates on computer and wifi services, check:
The only food services available in central library buildings will be the Starbucks and Tortillas Burritos restaurant at Robarts Library. The Burritos restaurant will have an expanded menu with prepackaged food available. Other limited food services will open in various campus buildings.
Health & Safety
The following measures are in place to ensure the health & safety of staff, students and faculty using or working in library spaces:
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes will be available.
- A non-medical mask or face covering must be worn indoors in all common-use spaces on University property and masks should be used in scenarios when one cannot keep 2 meters distance from others. Please review the University’s Policy on Non-Medical Masks or Face Coverings.
- Passive screening posters have been posted at entrances and exits.
- Directional arrows and signs indicate where to walk and stand in order to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from others.
- Two-way directional paths have been established where individuals should keep to the right.
- Washrooms are cleaned nightly.
- Returned material and deliveries are being quarantined for four days.
- There will be plexi-glass barriers in place for any public facing service points.
- Chairs will be removed from workstations and desks not available for use and standard signage will be placed in key areas indicating restricted seating to maintain physical distancing.