Kaushar Mahetaji is a PhD student at the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Information, specializing in Media, Technology, and Culture. Her research explores how platform power is mediated, negotiated, and contested by integrating theoretical frameworks and methods from political economy, information systems, and strategic management. Specifically, she evaluates how social media platforms use digital tools to manage their relationships with content creators and third parties, including partners, data intermediaries, and advertisers. Kaushar is broadly interested in platform labour, the creator economy, and platform governance.
platform infrastructure; platform software; platform evolution; content creators
- MI, Critical Information Policy Studies—University of Toronto
- HBSc, Integrated Science (Biochemistry)—McMaster University
Committees or Affiliations
- Member of the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR)
- Member of the American Library Association (ALA)
- Member of the Association of College and Research Librarians (ACRL)