|Alberta Aviation Museum|
|Collections and Program Assistant|
|Full Time (Permanent)|
|Edmonton, Alberta, Canada|
|Job Start Date (Expected):|
|May 29th, 2023|
|Role: The Alberta Aviation Museum is looking for a self-motivated individual to join our team. Hone your interpretive and presentation skills as you deliver programming for students in from kindergarten to grade 6. Learn about collections management as you help catalogue objects and document untold stories for exhibits, programs, and social media.
• Catalog objects into the museum’s collection database, by photographing objects, accurately describing them, ensuring they are labeled correctly with a unique accession number, and, once stored, that their location is accurately recorded within the database.
• Research and write short, impactful articles for exhibits and the museum newsletter.
• Assist with basic graphic design for programming activities and camps.
• Facilitate school programming (both in-person and virtual) and gather feedback on the program.
• Assist in the facilitation of programming as needed including guided tours and PD Day Camps
• Provide lunch coverage for front desk staff, processing payments for admissions and gift shop sales, providing orientation to the facility and answering all inquiries in a friendly and professional manner.
Qualifications: No specific degree is required; however, preference will be given to recent post-secondary graduates from Museum Studies, Education, History, Archaeology, or related fields.
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualities:
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Must enjoy interacting with the public, meeting new people, and partnering with volunteers. Absolutely must enjoy interacting with young people.
• Feel comfortable public speaking in-person and virtually.
• Proficiency with computers, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite, G Suite. Interest and experience with graphic design an asset (Canva, Adobe Suite).
• Strong attention to detail.
• General knowledge and interest in aviation and local history.
• Experience using a collections or inventory database is an asset.
• Fluency in a second language is an asset.
• A clear Police Information Check, including Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
|Please include the public link to your posting if available|
|To apply please email your resume and cover letter to Jean Middleton, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.|
Collections and Program Assistant